We Don’t Just Fix Chimney Leaks, We Prevent Them!
Aside from a chimney fire, the most damaging and devastating thing that can happen to your chimney is a chimney leak. Once water gets to work on your chimney, things can quickly go downhill and repair costs can rapidly skyrocket. Whether you suspect a chimney leak, know you have one, or you want to do everything in your power to prevent one, the time to call SirVent Lexington is now.
We repair and prevent chimney leaks and can make sure your chimney stays water and damage free and protected, year after year.
Our team is experienced and knowledgeable and can provide these services:
- Repair, rebuild & waterproof chimney crowns
- Replace & install chase covers on prefab chimneys
- Replace & install chimney caps
- Repair, replace & waterproof flashing
- Waterproof masonry chimneys
We use only the most trusted and effective industry products and tools to ensure that our repairs, rebuilds, and waterproofing services last well after we leave.
Tell-Tale Signs You Have A Chimney Leak Or Need Repairs Made ASAP
Is your chimney leaking? Here are some signs to keep an eye out for if you suspect a water problem:
- Chimney caps and chase covers are both made of metal, which means they can rust and corrode over time — especially if they’re made of a low quality, galvanized metal. Look for rust stains down your chase/chimney stack, roof, or siding, as these can indicate that it’s time to have either your cap or your chase cover replaced.
- Brick and mortar are designed to last, but water damage can cause cracking, crumbling, discoloration (like dark spots or white spots), algae/vegetation growth, and flaking. If you spot any of these signs on your masonry chimney, it’s time to schedule some repairs and invest in waterproofing to prevent further damage.
- Terra cotta/clay flue tiles that have been exposed to moisture can crack and crumble, falling down into the firebox. If you spot any pieces of your tile flue liner down inside your firebox, don’t wait to call SirVent Lexington. A chimney with a damaged flue liner is unsafe for use and if water’s in your flue, the leak needs to be stopped ASAP.
- You probably don’t spend much time up on your roof, but if you do notice cracks or deterioration on your chimney crown or it appears your chase cover is sagging, rusted out, or has collapsed, repairs need to be made quickly to avoid further water damage to your home and chimney.
- When you look at the base of your chimney, do you see rusted, lifted, or missing flashing? The flashing is the only line of defense where the chimney and roof meet, so if it’s not in good shape, a leak is inevitable.
- Chimney caps are a must, not a maybe — so if you know your chimney isn’t fitted with a quality cap, it’s important that you remedy that quickly to avoid leaks.
- Your senses can also tell you a lot. Is there a damp or moldy smell coming from your chimney? Do you hear dripping water coming from your chimney when it’s raining outside? Then water’s making its way in!
Don’t let a leak ruin your chimney — call SirVent Lexington at 859-241-1182 to request an inspection today. Our knowledgeable and responsive team is committed to stopping and preventing all leaks and we know just what to look for and just what to do. Call or fill out our online appointment request form today to get started. Leak prevention and resolution is simple and stress-free with SirVent Lexington!