We Repair & Replace Flashing To Keep Lexington’s Homes Leak-Free
Flashing, the section of layered metal at the base of the chimney where it meets the roof, can contribute to a serious leak if it’s damaged or installed incorrectly. Each layer is installed strategically to seal out water, but poor installation is commonly to blame for water-damaged ceilings and walls near the chimney.
What makes for a bad installation?
- Multiple nail holes — Nail holes can become a gathering place for water to rust through. That’s why it’s important that flashing be installed with minimal nail holes.
- Gaps, lifts, or dents — Even the smallest openings or lifted spots in the flashing can allow water in, and dents will only allow water to pool and rust through. Flashing MUST be installed smoothly and without lifts, dents, or gaps if you want to keep water out.
- Low-quality metal — If a low-quality sheet metal is used for the flashing, it’ll be more likely to rust and corrode as a result of rain, snow, and sleet. Stainless steel and copper are the two most durable options.
But poor installation isn’t the only common contributor to flashing leaks — animals, water, and weather can all take a toll as well.
- Little critters like squirrels and birds can mess with the flashing.
- Rain, snow, and sleet can wear away at and corrode metal flashing.
- Strong winds and severe storms can lift or dent flashing.
- Loose debris or branches can dent flashing.
So how can you tell if your flashing is a problem or could be a problem in the not-so-distant future? Schedule an inspection with SirVent Lexington. Our knowledgeable and reliable team will evaluate your flashing and look for signs of damage or water entry points. If we find your flashing needs to be repaired or replaced, we can take care of it for you.
We use the most effective flashing repair and waterproofing products to ensure this vulnerable area of your home stays dry long after we’ve left. And if we’re replacing your flashing altogether, you can count on us to use high-quality metal flashing that will last and last.
Don’t leave flashing repairs and replacement work to the inexperienced, and don’t put off these important repairs — keep your home dry by calling SirVent Lexington at 859-241-1182. We’ll do it right the first time, guaranteed. Prefer to request an appointment online? Click here!